Medicare insurance plans are government authorised health insurance policies for senior citizens and disabled personals. But there are many gaps in the claim settlement policies of these plans. You have to partially pay your debts to ask for claim settlements and also not every treatment is covered by these policies. To fill in the gaps a new set of policies were launched. These are called Medicare Supplement Plans or Medigap plans.
Unlike the former plans, the price of these plans is a bit higher yet the facilities are undoubtedly great. These plans cover all the costs of your treatments and provide you freedom from co-payments network-based specialists and hospitals for treatments and many more. Many senior citizens and even young people reject these unique policies only to avoid extra premiums.
But you must understand in exchange of some extra premiums these plans are offering numerous benefits which are very important for anyone with medical history.
Benefits derived from Medicare Supplement plans
Here are some of the many benefits are listed below for your information.
- You do not need to apply for claim settlement personally or go for co-payments. Simply go the hospital or doctor and show your Medicare Supplement Plan identity card and the rests are up to the insurer. Your bills and every medical expense will be paid through your insurance policy. You do not have to be a middle man to do this.
- The Medigap plans are not annual enrolment type. This means that anytime you can change your plan and your insurer. So you do not need to compare the plans. Simply enrol in one plan and change over to a suitable one whenever you want.
- Medicare Supplement Plans 2018 are not network-based. You can go to any doctor and in any hospital throughout the nation for treatment and avail the benefits of your health insurance plan.
- In the list of Medicare Supplement Plans there are 12 different types of plans which cover almost all the medical treatments. So you can choose any of them that suit your condition and can change over to another one if needed.
- As a government authorised health insurance scheme, all the benefits of these Medicare Supplement Plans are same for every insurer. The variable is only the price. While choosing an insurer you must check the market rating of the insurer and the monthly premium you need to pay for the insurance.